I want to briefly talk about Sylvia Plath, specifically why I like her and why she was such a raging bad ass.
1. She was a Masshole.
2. She made me hate poetry a lot less.
3. She went to Smith. Which means there’s probably a 99.9% chance she messed around with chicks at some point.
4. The Bell Jar. Enough said. It was like, the original ‘Girl Interrupted.’
5. She was once quoted as saying she had to “be true to her own weirdness.” From one strange duck to another – Amen Sister.
6. The bitch didn’t take the easy way out. There are plenty of decent and painless ways to off yourself, but she stuck her goddamn head in an oven. Well played Sylvia, well played.